Water-based organic personal lubricant ingredients
- Water – Aqua
- Aloe Vera – Aloe Barbadensis: a moisturizing agent which soothes the skin and aids in hydration of sensitive tissues
- Guar Gum – Cyamopsis Tetragonoloba: made from ground guar beans and acts as a thickening agent
- Geogard 221 – Dehydroacetic acid and Benzyl Alcohol: a globally approved preservative for cosmetics and toiletries
- Harakeke Extract – Maori name for the New Zealand flax plant Phormium tenax: has skin softening, healing and anti-inflammatory properties
- Citric Acid: found in citrus fruits, this is a natural preservative and pH adjusting agent
Oil-based personal lubricant ingredients
- Sunflower Seed Oil – Butrospermum Parkii: a lightweight oil high in Vitamin E, which helps skin and mucous membranes retain moisture and provides a protective barrier.
- Shea Butter – a butter extracted from the Karite Tree nuts in Africa. It has healing and regenerating properties and is a superior moisturiser
- Jojoba Oil – Simmondsia Chinensis: a liquid wax derived from the jojoba seed, which protects, moisturises and contains powerful antioxidants
- Beeswax – Cera Alba: the natural wax made by honey bees in the hive is used as an emollient, a moisturiser and a thickening agent
- Cocoa Seed Butter – Theobroma Cacao: a very stable vegetable fat containing Vitamin E, this extract of the cocoa bean has been used for centuries for its antioxidant, moisturising and healing properties.