Collection of information
We gather various information about customers and users of the bonk lube website (the Website).
This information includes:
- personal information, provided through voluntary registration or use of the Website (such as your first and last name, email and delivery address);
- personal information, provided to us by you for any purchase through the Website (such as credit card number, expiration date and authentication codes or related information);
- personal information, provided to us by you through any other method (including without limitation correspondence and discussions);
- information collected by us through click tracking in relation to your use of the Website, including the content you upload and the content you access; and aggregated data, which tracks traffic to the Website; and cookies, which are pieces of information transferred to your computer hard drive for record keeping (such as your preferences on our Website).
- Failure to provide necessary personal information when requested may result in certain functions of the Website not being available to you.
Use of information
If you participate in an online activity on the Website, your personal information will only be used for the purposes of that online activity, unless you otherwise provide us with your consent.
- Any personal information you provide may be used for the following purposes:
- to send you periodic emails that you have subscribed to through your nominated email address;
- to obtain feedback on the product you have purchased;
- to contact you as part of the transaction process when purchasing the product verification of your identity as a product recipient;
- to monitor, develop and improve the Website and ensure that content of the Website is presented in the most effective manner for the user;
- responding to any queries and/or comments you have sent to us;
- and such other use that you authorise.
You will have the option to choose to not receive certain types of email communications from us, except for those that are absolutely necessary to provide you with details of any purchases you have made. Emails will always contain a link at the bottom to be removed from our mailing list or you can unsubscribe via your account page.
When making an order we also request credit card or other payment account information which are maintained in encrypted form on secure servers. We do not share this information with any third party except for those companies responsible for processing credit card transactions for us.
Disclosure of information
We will only share personal information with other companies or individuals where we have your consent.
Cookies and tracking
We may use a cookie file containing information that can identify the computer you are working from. The cookie file is anonymous as it only gives us details of your IP address, PC platform (e.g. Windows or Mac), Browser (e.g. Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox or other, plus the version of Browser) and domain (whether you are accessing the Website from within the country or elsewhere). We may use the information generated by “cookies” to:
- track traffic patterns to and from the Website including information like the pages you visit, the time you spend on each page, the date and time of your visit, and referring pages (pages you came from or go to);
- ensure any advertising is being shown to the most appropriate person and limit the frequency of display for certain ad formats; and enable you to enter our Website and use certain services without having to enter all details each time.
As no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit or receive through the Website. These activities are conducted at your own risk.
Changes to policy
We reserve the right to change this policy at any time by notifying users of the existence of a revised policy by updating the “last updated” notice beside the link to this policy. By continuing to use the Website, you agree to be bound by the amended policy. You should check from time to time to see if the policy has changed or not.
Holding, correcting and updating
Any personal information that you provide to us will be collected and held by us at Rua Ventures, 27B Landing Road, Titirangi, Auckalnd, New Zealand. Under the Privacy Act 1993 you have rights of access to and correction of personal information that we hold.
Although we take reasonable steps to ensure that all data we use is accurate, we depend on our users to update or correct their personal information when ever necessary. We offer the ability for users to correct or change their personal information online at any time and as often as necessary.
If you have any questions about how our services work or regarding this statement, contact us
For information about New Zealand’s Privacy Act and how it protects the personal information of individuals in New Zealand, click here
For information about Australia’s Privacy Act 1988 and how it protects the personal information of individuals in Australia, click here